I’ve long had a couple of paintings hanging in the stairwell outside our apartment, mainly because I didn’t like them. In fact, I disliked them so much I found I hadn’t even posted the original on this blog.
Unfortunately hanging them by the front door just meant they were the first paintings anyone saw when they came to visit, and they annoyed me whenever I came up the stairs. Last week I decided I couldn’t take it any more, took both paintings down and painted over them with new designs.
The pattern is an updated version of this one. Being a Luddite, I even used a bowl as a template again, despite having a high-tech compass from my deys as a carpentry apprentice.